I made this salad last night for supper when I had some apricots in need of using up. It was delicious so I thought I would share it with you. The sweetness of the apricots with the saltiness of the feta cheese worked really well.
Apricot and feta salad
Write a review
- A small bag of young spinach
- A quarter of a red onion very finely sliced
- Six ripe apricots stones removed and torn in half
- Half a block of feta cheese broken into chunks
- One large handful of cashew nuts
- Black pepper and sea salt
- Olive oil
- White wine vinager
- Place the spinach on your serving platter and then scatter your torn apricots, finely sliced red onion and feta cheese over the top.
- Toast your cashew nuts in a small pan on the stove top. Watch them carefully as they are likely to burn. Sprinkle the toasted nuts over the other ingredients on your serving platter.
- Season with your salt and pepper. As much or as little as you like. I use more black pepper than salt as the feta cheese is naturally salty.
- Drizzle your dish with olive oil and white wine vinegar and hey presto! You have a delicious salad.
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) http://tarasbusykitchen.com/