These are so simple to make. You don’t even need scales to weigh out the ingredients – all you need is a cup or a mug!
Easy Pancake recipe for Shrove Tuesday
Write a review
- 1 large free-range egg
- 1 cup/mug self-raising flour
- 1 cup/mug of milk
- Sea salt
- 200g blueberries (or other fruit of your choice .. Banana, raspberries, strawberries etc)
- Olive oil
- Natural yoghurt
- Maple syrup or honey
- To make the batter crack the egg into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flour, milk and a small pinch of salt.
- Whisk ingredients together to make a smooth batter.
- Add blueberries and fold through.
- Put a frying pan on a medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon of oil.
- Tilt the pan to spread the oil out evenly.
- Add a few ladles of batter to the pan, leaving enough space between each one so they have enough space to spread a little. Each ladleful will make one pancake.
- Cook the pancakes 1-2 minutes on each side or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the base is golden then flip them over.
- When the pancakes are golden on both sides use a fish slice to transfer the pancakes into a plate.
- Serve the pancakes straight away with a dollop of natural yoghurt, maple syrup or honey and some extra berries.
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) http://tarasbusykitchen.com/