This is a wonderful fresh and hearty salad. You can have it with a side dish or as a main if you feel so inclined!
Garlicky green bean,chickpea and sundried tomato salad
Write a review
- One bag of fine green beans (I have made it with runner beans too.. Also totally yummy!)
- One tin of chickpeas
- Six sundried tomatoes cut into four pieces (I used clean scissors.. Much easier!)
- One clove of garlic, crushed
- Zest of half of a lemon
- One pinch of chilli flakes (Optional)
- Olive oil to dress the salad
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the green beans in half and then each piece in half again. Place in a pan of boiling water and boil until al denté. Approximately three or four minutes.
- Place all the other ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Once the beans are cooked to your liking drain them and place then still warm in the serving bowl. The warmth of the beans brings out the best flavours in the garlic and lemon.. Yum!
- Stir everything together with a pinch of sea salt, a good grinding of pepper and a glug of olive oil..
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) http://tarasbusykitchen.com/