This is another easy recipe that anybody could make. It’s an assembly job really!
- One bag of kale leaves already washed
- The juice of two limes
- Two dessert spoons of tahini
- Two-three dessert spoons of tamari ( depending on how salty you want it! )
- One can of artichoke hearts in salted water
- One block of haloumi cheese
- Half a pomegranate seeded
- A large handful of pumpkin seeds
- Place the washed kale in a large bowl. Make sure all of the thick stalks have been removed and it is cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add the lime juice, tamari and tahini to the kale. Start to work the dressing into the leaves with clean hands. You will feel the leaves start to wilt and soften after a minute or two.
- Once softened add the pomegranate seeds and artichoke hearts. You can leave them whole or chop in half.
- Give it a good stir around so everything is coated. Leave to one side.
- Pour the salad onto your serving dish.
- Heat a frying pan. No need to add oil. Place the haloumi slices in the pan. Turn them over once golden.
- Place on top of the salad.
- Keep the pan hot and toast the pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle these on top.
Give it a go.. It’s so easy!
Serve with some homemade bread and houmous perhaps? Maybe some pickles. I used my morrocan pickled carrots that I made last week from the Honey and Co cookbook! Totally delish!