I am all for easy recipes, as you will no doubt soon find out! If it takes more than 45 minutes to get on the table I tend to turn my nose up at the recipe. There are a few exceptions obviously like special occasions and dinner parties. This is when you get to really show off your culinary skills but, on a normal everyday meal, it’s ease that I am looking for.
Obviously I want something tasty too and this recipe ticks both boxes. These posh beans are like pimped up baked beans and take just as long to make as it does to open a can of Heinz!
- Onion 1, grated on a box grater
- Olive oil
- 1tbsp Ras al - Hanut. I used Steenbergs
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Cannellini beans 400g tin, rinsed and drained
- Flat-leaf parsley a handful, chopped
- A large pinch of sugar
- A pinch of sea salt
- Sourdough bread 4 slices
- Garlic 2 cloves, 1 crushed and 1 halved
- Cook the onion in olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add the crushed garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Ras al - Hanut and cook for a minute more then add the passata, the sugar and a pinch of sea salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then stir in the beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Toast the bread then rub with the cut side of the garlic.
- Pile on the beans and top with chopped parsley.