This is hardly a recipe as it is a case of chopping, seasoning and roasting but the outcome is wonderful!
Write a review
- One whole cauliflower cut into florets
- A good pinch of sumac
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Good drizzle of olive oil
- Firstly preheat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 6.
- Put the cauliflower florets into your roasting tray and sprinkle your sumac, salt and pepper generously.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and toss the ingredients together until the cauliflower is well coated in the oil and seasoning.
- Pop the tray in the oven and roast for about 40 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. You will need to turn the cauliflower in the pan mid cooking to get an even colour.
- Once cooked take out of the oven and serve straight away as a warm salad or as a side dish to fish or chicken. The roasting process really intensifies the flavour of the cauliflower and makes it really delicious. I can't stop nibbling it when it is cooked. You could also use up any leftovers the following day in a frittata or a soup. Nothing needs go to waste!
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) http://tarasbusykitchen.com/