Anchoïade is a classic provençal dip or spread, made from anchovies, olive oil, white wine vinegar and garlic. I love drizzling it over roasted vegetables, spreading it on toast or using it as a dip for crisp sweet fennel, sugar snaps peas or carrot batons. So easy and so, so good. Yummy!
This recipe takes about 5 minutes from start to finish. So easy!
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Anchovy fillets from one 2-ounce can
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar (or to taste)
- Lemon wedge and parsley to serve
- Fit the food processor with a blade, and set it to whirl. Drop in the garlic, so it smashes to smithereens. Drop in all the anchovies .
- Add the olive oil and vinegar. Then stop the machine, scrape down the sides, and whiz until pretty smooth.
- Spoon into a small bowl and serve with a carrot batons, sugar snap peas etcetera or spoon it over roasted vegetables or serve it as a dip for bread. My favourite is spread into warm toast and served with a lemon wedge and parsley.