I have recently discovered and fallen in love with breakfast smoothie bowls. As a keen instagrammer I have seen more and more pictures pop up on my feed. These pictures inspired me to come up with my own version. My recipe was made up one morning when Steve was away and I didn’t feel bad about blending my smoothie at a time he would consider the crack of dawn!! I am an early bird you see! I see this recipe as the base where you can expand and add whatever fruit and flavourings that you like. To make it a little more filling I add a few oats to keep me going until lunch time. The toppings, again, can be as adventurous as you like.. I have used fruit, nuts, nut butters, maple syrup, honey, granola… The list goes on! Be as crazy as you like! It’s so much fun creating yummy, attractive bowls of goodness.
- One large banana frozen. ( just slice up a banana, pop it in a Tupperware and freeze the night before)
- One dessert spoon of oats
- One dessert spoon of nut butter ( peanut, almond or cashew)
- A small glass of milk. I use almond milk
- Toppings of your choice. Nuts, seeds, fruit, granola.. The list goes on!
- Place all of the ingredients in your blender and whizz up to create a consistency a bit like melting ice cream!
- Pour your ingredients into a bowl and top with your chosen topping. Be creative!