It was a very proud moment for me when I made my very first loaf of bread! I chose a soda bread recipe as it seemed very easy and no need to prove for hours and hours. This recipe is so easy.. A case of mixing up the ingredients and bake. Give it a go. It is totally worth it and the end result is delicious and something to be really proud of.
So here is the mega easy recipe based on Paul Hollywood.
- 250g Plain white flour
- 250g Wholemeal flour
- Teaspoon salt
- Teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 420ml Buttermilk or sour cream
- Firstly, pre heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius or gas mark 6/7.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and then mix to bring it all together.
- Shape the dough into a ball on a lightly floured surface but try not to over work it. There is no need to kneed it.. A gentle massage is more than enough!
- Score a cross on the top of the loaf and place on a baking tray.
- Pop it in the oven and bake for thirty minutes. It’s as easy as that.. In about fourth five minutes tops you have created and baked your own loaf of bread. How cool is that!