Another simple and delicious recipe that is perfect for entertaining. This time of year we all entertain more than usual. Having a few “go to” party recipes that you can create in a short space of time to go alongside your festive tipple will be a godsend. This recipe uses the most delicious rainbow chard from Shillingford Organics but by all means pick a chard that is available to you.
- 450g kale
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 200ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 small cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed,
- 1/2-inch slices baguette, toasted
- Put a large pot of water on to boil. Strip kale off the tough stems; discard the stems. Add the leaves and coarse salt to the boiling water. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Drain well and squeeze to remove most but not all moisture. Puree half the kale with 100ml oil, garlic and fine salt in a food processor to form a smooth, stiff paste. Coarsely chop the remaining kale and mix it with the kale paste in a bowl. Combine 1/2 kale paste with white beans in another bowl. (Reserve the remaining kale paste for another use.) Top each piece of toasted baguette with a generous tablespoon of the kale-bean mixture. Serve drizzled with a little olive oil, if desired.