The last bruschetta recipe in my #organicchristmas series in association with Shillingford Organics. These tasty morsels are perfect with your party drinks over the holidays. Using delicious organic produce, the flavours really shine through.
Squash and Quicke's Cheddar Cheese Bruschetta
Write a review
- 1 small organic butternut squash
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of sage
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- olive oil
- 1 small loaf of organic bread
- 125 g Quicke's cheddar cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Halve the squash lengthways, remove the seeds and cut into 8 wedges. Place in a roasting tray.
- Smash the garlic and add to the tray, pick in the sage leaves, then add the chilli flakes, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Toss the wedges well, spread out evenly and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Slice up the bread and toast on a griddle pan for 1 minute on each side. Remove to a board and rub each slice with the peeled, roasted garlic.
- Scoop the squash flesh from the skins into a bowl and mash with a fork. Spread onto the bread slices and top with the cheese, some sage leaves and a drizzle of olive oil.
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) http://tarasbusykitchen.com/