My love of Italy is well documented with Italian recipes and flavours being my inspiration with many of my recipes. I cooked up this Truffled Mushroom Spaghetti for my girlfriends for lunch on shoot day.
Once a month my friends Angel, Caro and Gemma gather together to get creative. I am in charge of keeping us fed! I love thinking of dishes that are simple but tasty and take little time to prepare so that I can get involved in the other aspects of our day without being tied to the stove. This Truffled Mushroom Spaghetti takes less than 20 minutes to throw together once you have chopped all your ingredients in preparation. Imagine a big steaming bowl of creamy, cheesy mushroom spaghetti doused liberally with Supernature Black Truffle oil. I can’t tell you how good it is; you will have to make it for yourself. If these pictures from the amazing Angel Wade don’t make your mouth water and instantly head to your larder to see if you have any of the ingredients I’ll want to know why not!
Most people might think “Tara, why aren’t you using olive oil for this recipe”? I understand why you might think that with this dish having an Italian influence but I love using local or British ingredients. Rapeseed oil is a constant in my kitchen as an alternative to olive oil. I love the buttery flavour and gorgeous golden hue that it brings to every dish. What’s more, rapeseed is homegrown which is a no-brainer for me. We need to support our British farmers.
A Little More About Supernature Black Truffle Oil
Bursting with pure goodness, the light and buttery taste of the award-winning Original Supernature Oil is infused with the luxurious flavour of black truffle.
Turn your everyday dish into something spectacular by adding just a few drops of heaven in a bottle! A simple pasta, omelette, pizza, or risotto is transformed in seconds. For those mushroom lovers out there, this bottle should read just add intensity’!
It’s an award-winner, recently achieving a 1 star Great Taste Award.
This homegrown, nutrient-packed oil is the ultimate versatile and truly deliciously healthy alternative to extra virgin olive oil. With half the saturated fat and a high burn point, it’s the only oil you’ll need for frying, roasting, baking or even just dipping and drizzling.
It is available to purchase direct from Supernature Oils here.
Back to the recipe…
- 500g spaghetti
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1kg mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 200g Parmesan cheese - reserve a third for sprinkling
- 150ml heaped tablespoons crème fraîche
- 75g Flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Black Truffle oil - I used Supernature
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rapeseed oil
- Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions, then drain, reserving a mugful of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely slice the garlic. Place it in a large non-stick frying pan with the chilli (if using) on a medium-high heat with a tablespoon of rapeseed oil, followed by the mushrooms. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, and cook for 8 - 10 minutes, until golden, tossing regularly.
- Throw the drained pasta into the mushroom pan with a splash of reserved cooking water to loosen. Finely grate in most of the Parmesan, stir in the crème fraîche and most of the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a large serving bowl with a final grating of Parmesan and a sprinkling of parsley. Drizzle generously with truffle oil. Take to the table, toss it all together and serve with a green leafy salad. Delicious!