This recipe proved very popular at my recent pop up afternoon tea event. Beautiful lemon biscuits filled with divine lemon curd. A lemon lovers dream!
Write a review
- 200g softened butter
- 149g caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest 2 lemons, juice of 1
- 280g plain flour pus extra for rolling
- 1/2 jar good lemon curd (I used Highfield Preserves)
- 140g icing sugar
- Raspberries to decorate (optional)
- Stir together the butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and zest from 1 lemon with a wooden spoon. Stir in the flour. You will need to bring the mixture together with your hands at the end. Tip into a floured surface and bring together into a smooth dough. Roll out half at a time and stamp out 5-6cm rounds. Arrange on lined baking trays and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- When the biscuits are chilling preheat your oven to 200C/gas 6. Bake the biscuits for about 9 minutes. Watch them like a hawk as they burn very quickly.
- Once cool arrange the biscuits on wire racks. Mix together the icing sugar and enough juice from a lemon to give a runny consistency. Drizzle the icing over the biscuits and top with a raspberry.
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) https://tarasbusykitchen.com/