I don’t know about you but I eat peanut butter every day in some form. Be it spooned onto my morning porridge, whizzed into a smoothie, whipped into frosting, or simply on some toasted sourdough after I finish my online ballet classes. For me it provides comfort plus it helps it’s darn delicious. It’s the one item in my pantry that I honestly couldn’t be without. That’s why I have a rolling order going so I never run out.
I tend to opt for smooth peanut butter when I buy it because I love to be able to drizzle. I prefer really runny peanut butter and my go-to smooth peanut butter has to be Pip & Nut. I find the consistency just right for all my cooking and eating needs.
For this recipe, runny peanut butter is preferable for a creamy and smooth mousse but you could of course go crunchy. Whatever you prefer. That’s what is so good about cooking and preparing food. You make it how you want it to be, and rightly so.
If you love peanut butter like me then this recipe will be the perfect pudding for you. It’s slightly sweet, nutty, creamy, and smooth. I think it’s completely delicious and could easily eat more than one of these in a sitting although try my hardest not to.
You can of course prepare and devour these as they are or try them topped with salted chopped peanuts, shaved or grated chocolate, or a combination of the two. This peanut butter mousse is also amazing with sliced banana and chopped nuts or sliced banana and melted chocolate. As with most of my recipes how you serve them is up to you. I am all about freestyling when it comes to decoration. In fact, I would love to hear how you serve and decorate your own.
If you happened to have any Peanut Butter Mousse left may I suggest using it as a frosting for cupcakes or as a dip for chopped fruit. Both would be delicious.
Peanut Butter Mousse
- Electric whisk
- 284 ml double cream
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- Salted peanuts chopped for serving optional
- Sliced banana/grated chocolate for serving optional
- In a large bowl whisk together the double cream, vanilla and icing sugar with an electric whisk or good old elbow grease until soft peaks.
- Add the peanut butter and fold in gently until combined.
- Spoon into pretty glasses or ramekins and chill until serving.
- Upon serving sprinkle with chopped salted peanuts, grated chocolate or banana slices or a combination of all three.