I prepared this recipe for my Christmas lunch. The mix of sweet spice and the ginger makes it feel very festive. Perfect for a celebratory lunch or dinner.
Spiced Roast Salmon with ginger
Write a review
- 75g currants
- 125g soft butter
- 4 pieces of stem ginger, chopped, and 1 tbsp of syrup from the jar
- 1/4 whole nutmeg, grated
- 2 pinches of ground gloves
- 1 lemon, sliced in half moon shapes
- 1 orange, sliced in half moon shapes
- 1 side salmon, about 900g, pin boned and trimmed
- 25g flaked almonds
- 125ml dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7. Cover the currants with boiling water and soak for 15 minutes until they swell. Drain and reserve currants.
- Mix the butter with the currants, ginger, syrup and spices. Add a good pinch of seasalt and black pepper.
- Take half of your lemon and oranges slices and place on the base of your toasting tin. Place the salmon on top skin side down. Season generously.
- Spread the currant butter mixture over the top of the fish. Arrange the tensing lemon and orange slices over the top.
- Pour the wine over the top and put the salmon in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked through, but still moist and pink in the middle.
- Carefully toast your flaked almonds in a small dry frying pan.
- Carefully lift the salmon from the roasting dish onto a serving plate and pour any juices over the top. Scatter your toasted flaked almonds over the top.
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) https://tarasbusykitchen.com/