I’m always getting inspired by my travels and bringing ideas home with me to try out. So I thought I would share with you one of THE best taste sensations. Have you ever tried cheese and honey together? On recent travels across Italy it featured on many a restaurant menu and I have to say it’s magnificent in its simplicity. Get yourself some top notch local honey (I used Princesshay Honey obviously!) and some local hard, goats or soft cheeses then off you go. Drizzle the honey over the cheese to your hearts content. There are no hard and fast rules so have a play around but the ingredients have to be good and local to each other. This is how you know the flavours will mix well.
The exceptionally hot weather in June has resulted in Princesshay’s bees producing a bumper batch of honey. The beekeepers at Princesshay are expecting 400lbs of honey. 4 times more than in previous years, which will be sold exclusively at Chandos Deli in Princesshay in aid of Children’s Hospice South West. If you have ever wondered what it looks like up on the roof where the Princesshay apiary is housed then check out my post from a year or so ago here.
Princesshay beekeeper Jason Wallis, said: “This is our fourth honey harvest and it is set to be easily the biggest yet thanks to the exceptionally warm weather during the early part of the summer. The honey will be collected at the end of August, ready for sale in Chandos Deli at the start of September.”
Princesshay’s City Bee project began in 2012, when a tranquil rooftop garden was created for honey bees high above the shopping centre as part of an environmental initiative which forms part of the company’s wider biodiversity strategy. Princesshay regularly encourages visitors to visit the project and get an insight into the busy world of bees.
To date, the city bee project has been visited by over 1000 school children, students and members of the public. Now entering its 5th year, Princesshay’s city bee project continues to grow, with the project now housing 5 hives with approximately 300,000 bees.
Entering is easy. To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize simply sign up to my mailing list and leave a comment below telling me your favourite way to use honey. Both need to be completed to stand a chance of winning.
Now, for the boring bit. The terms and conditions.
- The prize is open to UK residents only.
- One winner will be chosen at random from all the entries after the closing date on 31/10/17.
- No cash alternative.
- The Princesshay Gift Card is operated by EML.
- To check your Gift Card balance call 0121 268 3210 or visit www.getmybalance.com
- You can also check your balance at the Princesshay Customer Service Office on Bampfylde Lane.
- The limited edition Princesshay 10th birthday promotional gift cards are valid until 31/01/18.
- The gift card is redeemable in over 70 stores and restaurants in Princesshay – please check with individual stores and restaurants before making your purchase.
- For the current list of participating stores and restaurants call our Customer Service Team on 01392 459838
Disclaimer: I was lucky enough to be given some Princesshay Honey to sample. I was not paid for this post and all views are my own as always. Thank you to Princesshay and One Voice Media for donating the prize.