You know those kind of mornings when you are dashing out of the house with no time to sit and eat breakfast? Well, I have the solution for you. Whip up a batch of these Cranberry & Oat Breakfast Cookies and then grab one to eat on the run as you fill your takeaway cup with coffee. Breakfast on the go has never tasted so good.
I was recently contacted by Buy Wholefoods Online to create a recipe or two using some of their delicious goodies. Having never baked with organic whole grain oat flour before I instantly jumped at the chance to sample a bag alongside some plump and juicy dried cranberries, deliciously sweet raw Bulgarian wildflower raw honey and versatile sunflower seeds. I figured with oats predominantly being a breakfast ingredient I would whip up a batch of scrumptious breakfast cookies.
Breakfast, the most important meal of the day and certainly something I can never do without. Being an early riser myself, I pretty much always manage to sit and have a bite to eat alongside numerous cups of tea as soon as I wake. I have a built-in breakfast alarm clock to kickstart my morning routine. This recipe is for my friends really. The ones who fly by the seat of their pants and lay in bed until the very last minute. You know who you are!
This Cranberry and Oat Breakfast Cookie recipe is a combination of oats, organic whole grain oat flour, spices, cranberries, honey and sunflower seeds all rolled up in a delicious breakfast morsel. A perfect way to jumpstart your day. The whole recipe takes less than 30 minutes to bring together and bake so get super organised and make a batch on a Sunday then you are good to go for the rest of the week! They also keep well in the freezer if they last that long!
- 1 3/4 cups organic wholegrain oat flour
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup raw Bulgarian wild flower honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to gas 4/180 C/350 F and line two baking sheets with baking parchment
- Tip all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix together. Next add all of the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- With a spoon and wet hands scoop out the mixture and roll into 14 balls. Place them on the baking trays evenly spaced and press down slightly to flatten.
- Bake in your pre heated oven for 15 minutes until lightly golden.
For other breakfast recipes using Buy Wholefoods Online oats check out my Pimp Up Your Porridge post here.
Disclaimer: This recipe contains gifted items from Buy Wholefoods Online. I was not paid for this post.