Black Tor Porter Onion Soup
Write a review
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 onions,thinly sliced
- 3 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 300ml Black Tor Brewery Porter
- 1.3l vegetable stock (or beef if you are a meat eater)
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion and garlic until very soft and golden. Increase heat slightly and cook until brown – about 20-40 mins in total.
- Stir in the flour for 2 mins, then stir in the beer and bring to a simmer for a few mins. Add the stock, bring back to a simmer, then season with salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Keep warm until you are ready to serve.
- I served my soup with some oozing cheese on toast. I drizzled some natural yoghurt over the soup, sprinkled some mature grated cheddar and added a few thyme leaves for decoration. Of course it is up to you how you serve it.
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) https://tarasbusykitchen.com/