Spiced Black Tor Porter Ice Cream
Write a review
- 8 cardamon pods
- 500ml Black Tor porter (or any stout)
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2x 397g tins sweetened condensed milk
- Crush the cardamon pods using a pestle and mortar to release the seeds and remove the husk. Grind the seeds as finely as possible.
- Pour the Black Tor Brewery porter into a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add the crushed cardamon and other spices and let the mixture infuse over the heat for about 10 minutes. Stir to release the spice flavours.
- Pour the condensed milk into a bowl then strain the Black Tor porter mixture through a fine sieve. Mix together until completely blended.
- Allow to cool and then pour into freezer safe containers and freeze for at least 4 hours. Soften in the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes before serving. Serve with your choice of toppings.
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) https://tarasbusykitchen.com/