Pear and blue cheese is always such a fabulous flavour combination. The sweetness of the pears with the cinnamon and nutmeg works so well with the saltiness of the blue cheese. One of my favourite flavour combinations.
Pear and Blue Cheese Bruschetta
Write a review
- 1 organic baguette, sliced into rounds
- 1 knob organic unsalted butter
- 1 pinch seasalt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup organic cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon local honey
- Blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C/ gas 5.Lay baguette rounds on a baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and toasted. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan and add butter. Add pears, then sprinkle with salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Allow to caramelize slowly – for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine mascarpone and honey. Spread on baguette slices.
- Once pears are caramelized, add balsamic vinegar and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add spoonfuls of pear mixture on top of mascarpone on baguette.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese. These can be served warm or cold.
Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories) https://tarasbusykitchen.com/