If you are looking for Christmas gifting ideas then look no further than this simple to make Cacao Christmas Bark recipe. This recipe is the first in my Christmas Gifting series and with three weeks until the big day, now is the time to start thinking about any homemade gifts and collating your recipes and ingredients for the big “make” day. This recipe is a decadent and healthy sweet treat to make for your loved ones. Using the finest ingredients from local suppliers it’s pretty much guarenteed that your friends and family will be begging for more. Feel free to mix up your fruit and nut combos. Try pumpkin seeds, raisins, papaya, ginger, pineapple, walnuts… the list goes on so use your imagination. Happy making…
- 250g raw cacao butter broken into chunks (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 7 tablespoons raw cacao powder (I used Indigo Herbs)
- 3-4 tablespoons local honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons almonds roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pistachios roughly chopped
- Melt the raw cacao butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Take off the heat and whisk in the cacao powder, honey, vanilla and sea salt
- Pour the mixture into a shallow baking tray fully lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle over the various toppings and refrigerate for at least two hours before breaking into bite sized pieces.
- You will also need a saucepan quarter filled with water, digital thermometer, a heat proof bowl that goes over the saucepan, a whisk, shallow baking tray and non-stick baking paper.
For the cacao butter link click here and for the cacao powder link click here.
Disclaimer; I was kindly gifted the Cacao powder by Indigo Herbs. I was not paid for this post and all opinions are my own.