Did you know that it’s National Peanut Butter Day next Tuesday 24th January? No? I know, it’s a bit random and why would you?
Just before Christmas, I googled “days of food” and was presented with an extraordinarily long list of national and international food days! Try it.. you will be surprised at what random foodie things get celebrated out there.
Peanut butter may not be random but it is one of my all-time favourite food stuffs. I love it in flapjack, on top of my pancakes, stirred into porridge, on toast with marmite and quite often just licked off the spoon from the tub! So, it only seemed right to honour something that I consume on a daily basis with a recipe.
This recipe for Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles came to me after trying something similar last year with cream cheese. I figured I would try swapping out the cream cheese and adding more peanut butter and it worked a treat. In fact, the crushed Oreo biscuits remain a little crunchy which I really like. The cream cheese being more moist made the Oreo biscuits lose their bite a smidge.
Both recipes are great and I will share my Chocolate And Peanut Butter Cheesecake Truffle recipe with you at the end of this post as well as a couple of my other peanut butter recipes. That way you can make your own decisions on which you like more by trying them all!
Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles
- 1 pack of original Oreo cookies
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 bar of milk or dark cooking chocolate
- Sprinkles or chopped nuts for decorating
- In a food processor crush the Oreo’s until a fine crumb.
- Add the peanut butter and process until well combined
- Roll the cookie mixture into small balls using your clean hands and place on a baking tray or plate covered with baking parchment.
- Freeze the truffles for about an hour.
- Melt the chocolate gently in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Be sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Dip the frozen truffles in the melted chocolate and place back on your lined tray or plate. Decorate with sprinkles or chopped nuts.
- Allow to set and store in a container in the fridge for up to a week. I doubt they will last that long though!
More of my peanut butter recipes for you. Enjoy!
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Cheesecake Truffle recipe