Who doesn’t love a lazy brunch? For me, entertaining is a passion and I can think of no better way than spending time with friends and family over delicious food. With that comes discussion, fun and laughter.
These simple American style pancakes were a hit at a recent brunch with friends. Liberally doused with The Groovy Food Comapany agave syrup and scattered with berries the flavour combinations were incredible. A dollop of Delamare Dairy creamy goats yoghurt added to the mix.
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 large egg
- 300ml milk
- 4 tbsp agave syrup, plus extra to serve. I used The Groovy Food Company.
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil, for frying
- Tip the flour and baking powder into a large bowl with a pinch of salt. Make a well in the centre, then add the egg, milk and syrup. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Spoon two ladles of the mixture into the pan and cook for 1 min each side. Repeat to make two more.
- Serve with a drizzle of agave syrup and any toppings you fancy. Nuts, fruit, nut butter, yoghurt... the list is endless. Enjoy!